CAKE PLATTER || MASON JAR CENTERPIECE -
I have a thing for cake platters (One of my “good bones” decorating accessories) The original post featured mod podge and Epsom salt to make the frosted look. Last minute look - pour epsom salts, sugar or fake snow into jars, add lighting.
2. USE WHAT YOU HAVE! - From empty bottles and a bit of ribbon, to food - try shopping your home for last minute decorating inspiration.
3. FANCY FOLDED NAPKINS - Super easy and a creative way to dress up your table.
4. Orange Pomander Balls - Old school tradition, heavenly scented and read the backstory on the tradition, it will be a great conversation starter.
5. LAST MINUTE APPETIZER - CRANBERRY AND BRIE CROSTINI
The original idea has you making your own cranberry compote , I’d just doctor up store bought - but the idea is just perfect.
6. LAST MINUTE GIFT - SPICED NUTS This one I can thank an old friend who made these for me years ago when we lived in San Francisco- we had backyard rosemary year round. I use pecans or walnuts, but feel free to use your nutty favorites, or what is in the pantry! Perfect for a hostess gift, this tried and true recipe is easy and fail proof.
7 RECYCLED CAN DECOR - Clever idea and great tutorial. If you don’t want to make it too complicated, just use a black sharpie and one coat of white spray paint.
Happy Holidays to you and yours! - Julea.